SIREN IS SWIMMING AROUND THE INTERNET - HER BLOG POSTS START BELOW....


1/3/24

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS TO BE PART OF THE ACTIVISM TO RESPECT OUR MARINE ECOSYSTEM - SEA LIFE and BEACHES

1) I do not take sea creatures including shells from the tide pools. I can take pictures of them with my camera.

2) When I go to the beach, anything I take with me, I bring back out. I don't leave any garbage there.

3)  While I'm at the beach, I can take a bag and fill it with refuse that has washed up and throw it away properly.

4) I do whatever possible to recycle all things that are not organics.  I will check with my city to see where I can take things like old cell phones and electronics, batteries, nail polish, paint, plastics, and other items.

5) I will investigate what nonprofits and other organizations are involved in my area with preserving or reestablishing the marine ecosystem. I can support them through money donations or by volunteering.  (Beach clean ups can be a great way to meet like minded people.)

6) I will choose one sea creature and learn everything I can about it this year.

7) I will not buy sea shells from shops nor items made with them because dredging for shells is ruining the ecosystem too.

8) I will consider where any sea food I eat is sourced and avoid eating any seafood that comes from Chinese or other countries where ships use Forced Labor (Labor trafficking or slavery.)






No comments: