SIREN IS SWIMMING AROUND THE INTERNET - HER BLOG POSTS START BELOW....


4/18/16

PRETENDING TO BE A DEEP SEA DIVER IN THE SWIMMING POOL

When I was a girl we sometimes went to a huge public swimming pool that had a big shallow section - maybe only a couple feet deep.  They provided a locker key on a band that went around your wrist or could be tied to your swim suit strap.  I preferred to have mine around my wrist because I liked to pretend that it was a watch (or some other gizmo) that I had to pay attention to so that I wouldn't run out of air as I swam down- deep sea diving.

Never mind that all it took to get air was to stand up.

The best thing about it was the imagination it took.

Never mind that mostly what I saw down in the bottom of the pool was other people swimming around, or the sometimes gooey turquoise paint.

In my mind I was looking for sunken treasure, and I don't mean some coins that fell out of a parent's pockets or a pair of lost sun glasses!

No comments: